Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Busters Restaurant - Eagle, ID.

Everything in life goes better with peanut butter (i.e. jelly, celery, ice cream, navels and yes, burgers!) I made the bold move to try the PB&J burger at Buster's in Eagle and I was pleasantly surprised. Granted, it wasn't a gourmet burger by any stretch of the word, but a pleasant combination, even when combined with lettuce, grape jelly, tomatoes, onions and pickles on a sesame seed bun! Don't knock it till you try it!

Mac & Cheese with Bacon Burger

PB&J Burger

I also had a taste of their Mac & Cheese with bacon burger and it proved to be good combination. Hell, we all know everything is better with bacon and I found myself wishing I had had a bit of it on my PB&J burger! The fries were typical disappointing  Idaho spuds which still baffles me. I've had better fries in just about every other state in the union. WTF?

Although not an establishment known for its fine cuisine, its fine decor or exceptional service, some of the flavor combinations are a welcomed deviation from the all too familiar Californication cuisine bastardizing the local food scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment